The holiday season is upon us, and with it, the stress of making sure everything goes off without a hitch. So what better way to unwind than with a couple of recipes you can infuse with highly-potent Delta 8 isolate.
What is Delta 8 Isolate?
Delta 8 isolate is a pure form of delta 8 that takes the form of an extract. This extract, generally high in potency, can be smoked and used in edibles. This form of Delta 8 is legal in many states due to its Delta 9 THC content. Delta 8 isolate should have less than 0.3% delta 9 by volume and is classified as a hemp product under the 2018 Farm Bill.
What is Carrier Oil?
Carrier oils are the ingredient that allows the delta 8 isolate to be more easily absorbed by the body by increasing bioavailability. They are usually plant-based, and there are many oils for you to choose from. including:
- Hemp Seed
- Apricot kernel
How to combine Delta 8 isolate and carrier oils
The double boiling method is the easiest way to combine your delta 8 and your carrier oil. This cooking method involves two pots that fit snugly together, with a gap in the bottom large enough to fit a couple of inches of water. By heating the bottom pot, steam will slowly and steadily build. This will heat the delta 8 isolate and carrier oil to combine safely.
Step 1: Prepare your pans
Fill your bottom pot ¼ full with water, and make sure there is an inch of space between it and the bottom of your top pot. Turn the stove on medium-low heat, and bring the water to a slow boil.
Step 2: Measure and combine ingredients
You’ll want to use a teaspoon of carrier oil for each gram of delta 8 isolate you are trying to use. Once you have, you’ll pour your carrier oil into your top pot and add your delta 8 isolate right after. Stir this mixture for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the carrier oil and isolate are combined to the point you can no longer tell them apart.
Step 3: Cooling off
After your ingredients are combined, you’ll want to drain the mixture into a container. Let the infusion cool off for 20-30 minutes before using it in your recipe.
Now that you have your infused oil, you can use it in just about any baking recipe that calls for oil. Here is one you can try out with your delta 8 oil.
Delta 8 Space Brownies
Sure to be a hit at your next holiday party (provided you let people know beforehand!) Delta 8 space brownies are a great way to consume delta 8 isolate. This recipe makes about ten brownies, and if you have ½ a cup of delta 8 infused oil (1 gram of isolate, 1 cup of carrier oil), it should work out to about 50 mg per brownie.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- ½ cup Delta 8 infused oil
- 1 cup of sugar or sugar alternative
- 2 large eggs or equivalent vegan alternative
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup flour or gluten-free alternative
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Step-by-Step Cooking Instructions:
- First, you’ll want to preheat your oven to 350°F. While your oven preheats, mix your sugar and infused oil together until they are well blended.
- Once blended, add the eggs (or alternative) and vanilla. Stir these until both new ingredients are indistinguishable from your sugar and oil.
- In a separate bowl, take all your remaining dry ingredients (salt, baking powder, flour, cocoa powder) and mix them. Once they are mixed, combine them with your oil mixture.
- Check to see that your oven is fully preheated. If it is, pour your mixture into a 9×9 square pan. Ensure the pan is sprayed with cooking oil, so the brownies don’t stick.
- Place the pan in the oven for 20 minutes, checking on the brownies at 15. Stick a toothpick into the brownies to check if they are done. If the toothpick comes out clean, they are ready to leave the oven; if not, place them back in for a couple more minutes.
- Pull the brownies out of the oven and set them to cool. Once they are, slice them into squares and serve.
Make sure anyone trying these brownies has a ½ or ¼ to start if they are unsure of their Delta 8 tolerance.
Where can I get the best Delta 8 isolate?
For the highest quality delta 8 isolate available on the market, look no further than DeltaVera. Our Delta 8 THC gold distillate has a potency of 84%, and has been extensively tested by accredited labs. Like all of our products, our distillate is extracted from all-natural hemp. It also tests at below 0.3% Delta 8 THC, meaning it is legal in many states where traditional cannabis is not.
If you want a potent isolate you can make into delicious treats, look no further than DeltaVera’s gold distillate!